Thursday, July 06, 2006

Unpacking the router

A couple years ago I started the CCNA program to get the certification. I got halfway through it and is my intention to resume the classes this coming fall. Back then I got this Cisco Router (800 series) and it has been sitting in its box since then. I decided that if I'm to get back in track in this field it would be a great exercise to start by finally setting up this router. It doesn't have the wireless optio but that is ok. I don't care really, I believe I can always purchase an access point and get it to work with my router and have wireless access anyways.
We'll see. For now I'm reading the documentation that came with the router plus my notes from the classes I took. Gosh! It's so easy to forget all this stuff when you are not practicing!!

No comments: