Friday, July 07, 2006

The IT life... reading and more reading


To keep up to date with technology you need to read... a lot.
I hate reading manuals and documentation, it bores me to death unless I have an specific problem I need to solve and then I consult the documentation and things make sense to me. Like a dictionary. I heard once somebody saying that "a manual it's only useful when you already know how things work".
I need to deal with the fact that in the last couple years everything changed. Just 2 years ago wireless was still in diapers and it wasn't very secure at all. Now life without wireless is unthinkable.
In my last trip to Borders I got another book to put in my colection: CCNA Potable Command Guide. I bought it because it have a very concise compilation of all the things I'm supposed to know and it kind of helps me refreshing my memory. I'm feeling a little discouraged though, because as I turn the pages I recognize the subjects but I can barely remember what were they about. I will get the big study guide I bought when I was taking the classes and see what happens then.

No comments: